Saturday, July 23, 2022

Tour '22, Stage 20: Second


I learned my lesson earlier while painting this stage.  When Tadej Pogacar (UAE Team Emirates) crossed the line in Rocamadour, he was second on the stage.  With just one man behind him, it might be possible that he would finish the day in second place on the stage.  He definitely finishes the Tour in second on the GC (again provided he stays upright on the way to the Champs Elysees).  I had planned to title this "Second on the Day, Second in the Tour" but a little voice in my head said stop now (after I had written the word 'second').  He did lose another eight seconds to Vingegaard, but it is clearly already a done deal.  He couldn't match his surprise win over Vingegaard's teammate Primoz Roglic in the final TT two years ago that led to his first TdF win.  He does go out the winner of the Maillot Blanc for the third consecutive year, down side, he can't be in that competition next year.

This is a small 4x6 inch original watercolor painting that is available through my website at greigleach.com or you can simply follow the direct link at the end of the post to purchase the painting above. Since it is an original work of art, it is a first come first served reality. The painting was created using Yarka St. Petersburg watercolors and Steve Quiller brushes from www.Richesonart.com. The work sells for $90 USD including shipping, and yes, international shipping is available. 

If you can't afford to purchase a piece you could always help keep me going by buying me a cup of coffee at buymeacoffee.com/greigsartc.  And check out my vlogs at my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLGX-TnjXDSkkOidUE6pN1g

https://www.greigleach.com/large-multi-view/Tour-de-France--Tour-de-France-Femmes-2022/3895460-134-294403/Painting/second-tdf22-135.html

2 comments:

  1. You need to create a watercolor of Wout touching Jonas at the finish, will purchase, best image of the tour!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just didn't grab my heart. I do understand that others loved it. You are the first to suggest I paint it.

      Delete