Saturday, July 23, 2022

Tour '22, Stage 20: Tunnel Vision


This is the third title today that was just fun for me to come up with.  Sometimes I paint the image because what I see inspires the title.  The obvious take is that there is a tunnel in Geraint Thomas' (Ineos-Grenadiers) field of vision within the final two kilometers of this stage.  Thomas was second at the line, but dropped to fourth on the day as the two behind him finished ahead of him.  Another way to look at the title is that it takes an incredible focus to ride a successful time trial, one needs to quiet the mind, ignore the body, and stay dialed in on the road ahead.  Finally, I need to have tunnel vision to be able to focus on the Tour for three weeks and be able to create compelling watercolors that tell the story of this race I love so much.  This year it will take even more focus as I start painting the Tour de France Femmes tomorrow just ahead of the men finishing on the Champs Elysees. Wish me luck, I am feeling like a sprinter facing a second mountain top finish in the Pyrennes.

This is a small 4x6 inch original watercolor painting that is available through my website at greigleach.com or you can simply follow the direct link at the end of the post to purchase the painting above. Since it is an original work of art, it is a first come first served reality. The painting was created using Yarka St. Petersburg watercolors and Steve Quiller brushes from www.Richesonart.com. The work sells for $90 USD including shipping, and yes, international shipping is available. 

If you can't afford to purchase a piece you could always help keep me going by buying me a cup of coffee at buymeacoffee.com/greigsartc.  And check out my vlogs at my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLGX-TnjXDSkkOidUE6pN1g

https://www.greigleach.com/large-multi-view/Tour-de-France--Tour-de-France-Femmes-2022/3895459-133-294403/Painting/tunnel-vision-tdf22-134.html  

No comments:

Post a Comment