Monday, July 25, 2022

Tour '22, Stage 21: Attacking the Bell Lap


None of this Tour had gone to script, so why should today be any different.  I am not sure who went first, but is suspect it was Tadej Pogacar (UAE Team Emirates) attacked on the bell lap and was quickly covered by Geraint Thomas (Ineos-Grenadiers).  Given the presence of Thomas' teammate, Luke Rowe, I am inclined to think it was Ineos-Grenadiers who went on the offensive first.  I am not sure that Jonas Vingegaard even saw this move, but he certainly didn't try and cover it.  He knew full well that no one was going to gain over three minutes nor eight minutes in the final lap of the Tour de France.  I am not sure why they did this, but it did make for a few minutes of exciting television before the final sprint to the finish in a ten minutes time.

This is a small 4x6 inch original watercolor painting that is available through my website at greigleach.com or you can simply follow the direct link at the end of the post to purchase the painting above. Since it is an original work of art, it is a first come first served reality. The painting was created using Yarka St. Petersburg watercolors and Steve Quiller brushes from www.Richesonart.com. The work sells for $90 USD including shipping, and yes, international shipping is available. 

If you can't afford to purchase a piece you could always help keep me going by buying me a cup of coffee at buymeacoffee.com/greigsartc.  And check out my vlogs at my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLGX-TnjXDSkkOidUE6pN1g 

https://www.greigleach.com/large-multi-view/Tour-de-France--Tour-de-France-Femmes-2022/3895597-147-294403/Painting/attacking-the-bell-lap-tdf22-141.html

No comments:

Post a Comment