Monday, June 28, 2021

TDF, Stage 3: In the Final Meters


Here I am breaking one of my own rules (they are meant to be broken), yet I am hoping no one else is breaking anything.  I had a viseral reaction as I watched Caleb Ewan (Lotto Soudal) go down while in the perfect position to open his closing sprint in Pontivy.  Sprints are high speed with riders so close togther.  Peter Sagan (Bora-Hansgrohe) had chosen Ewan's wheel as the one to follow in hopes of being able to jump out of the Aussie's slipstream for the win, alas that meant the Slovakian had no chance of not going down with him.  As I write this I don't know how bad Caleb Ewan was hurt, but he did spend a long time laying on the ground.  

I was quite impressed that both Nacer Bouhani (Arkea Samsic) and Sonny Colbrelli (Bahrain-Victorious) were able to swerve around the crash with Bouhani finishing in third on the day. Tim Merlier & Jasper Philipsen (Alpecin-Fenix) were able to keep going despite was happening behind them.

This is a small 4x6 inch original watercolor painting that is available through my website at www.greigleach.com, or you can simply follow the direct link at the end of the post to purchase the painting above.  Since ti is an original work of art, it is a first come first seved reality. The painting was created using Yarka St. Petersburth watercolors from www.Richesonart.com. The work sells for $75 USD plus shipping, and yes international shipping is available.

https://www.greigleach.com/large-multi-view/2021-Tour-de-France/3820773-19-291436/Painting/in-the-final-meters-tdf21-19.html

No comments:

Post a Comment