Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Beijing 2022: Jumping into Gold


Just as I typed out the title of this painting did I realize that I had used yet another pun in my titling of my artwork.  I had wanted to paint one of the German sleds just to add a bit of a variation of the overwhelmingly cool palette of vitually all of these Winter Olympics watercolors.  Their yellow (or golden yellow) sleds are a pleasant change for the eyes.  Plus this is Laura Nolte (Germany) jumping into her sled on her final glide down the House of Speed track.  Her Gold Medal run meant that Germany all but one of the sliding events held in these Games. Now that is impressive!

This also marks the end of my paintings of the Olympic Games.  I will start back painting cycling this weekend with the Omloop het Nieuwsblad and the Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne races.  I know that I didn't paint every event and certainly not every Olympian or medal winner, I'm bot sure that would be possible.  However, reach out to me through the website if you would like to commission a watercolor of something I didn't paint.

This is a small 4x6 inch original watercolor painting that is available through my website at greigleach.com or you can simply follow the direct link at the end of the post to purchase the painting above. Since it is an original work of art, it is a first come first served reality. The painting was created using Yarka St. Petersburg watercolors and Steve Quiller brushes from www.Richesonart.com. The work sells for $75 USD plus shipping, and yes international shipping is available.

https://www.greigleach.com/large-multi-view/Winter-Olympics-2022/3868221-59-293321/Painting/jumping-into-gold-beijing-2022.html

No comments:

Post a Comment