Sunday, September 13, 2020

Tour, Stage 15: Snaking Up the Grand Colombier


Back in 2014, there was a chance that I might be following the Giro d'Italia and painting the race from the back of a motorcycle.  It didn't work out.  But I set this silly rule with myself that I should only paint images that I could have seen myself from the road, so that left out helicopter shots.  This week someone purchase a couple of my paintings from the Giro that included the landscapes of Italy and it may me realize just how silly my arbitrary rule was.  So today, when the helicopter flew over this section of road on the Grand Colombier, I knew I had to try and capture the feel of the moment.  I feel like I was successful, what do you think? 

You can still see that the greatly reduced peloton is being led by Jumbo-Visma, and that there are small groups of riders trying to stay within sight in hopes of not loosing much time.  Part of me desparately wants to ride up this road, but I think I would enjoy going down so much more.

This is a small 4x6 inch original watercolor painting that is available though my website at www.greigleach.com, or you can simply follow the direct link at the end of this post.  Since it is an original it is first come first served.  The painting was created using Yarka St Petersburg watercolors from Richesonart.com. The work sells for $75 plus shipping. And yes, international shipping is available.

https://www.greigleach.com/large-multi-view/Tour-de-France-2020/3700471-102-282744/Painting/snaking-up-the-grand-colombier-tdf20-96.html

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorites you did this year! So glad you 'relaxed' your rule. I plan to buy a print of this one! :-)

    ReplyDelete