Sunday, September 20, 2020

Tour, Stage 20: Down the Ramp


 Yes, I did skip stage 19.  With all that is going on with us medically, it just wasn't possible to squeeze in painting an extra stage to be back in sync with the Tour after donating a kidney on Wednesday, and my wife have a kidney transplant on the same day.  Small complications have kept us in the hospital for extra days.  I am writing this from my bed, as I have painted stages 17, 18 & 20 from either my bed or the chair in my room.  We both have a good chance of going home tomorrow. So, now on to the Tour de France and my artwork thereof.

Remi Cavagna (Deceuninck-Quick Step) was one of the riders in the middle to early on the start list.  The riders start based on where they are on the general classification, the last goes first and the Miallot Juane goes last. Cavagna was a last minute call up to race the Tour and has done great work for the team including today.  While wearing the tricolore of being the champion of the time trial discipline in France, he laid down a best time that stood for most of the day. He ended the day in sixth over all.  Three of those ahead of him on the day are the top three going into the final day of the Tour.

This is a small 4x6 inch original watercolor painting that is available through my website at www.greigleach.com, or you can simply follow th edirect link at the end of the post to purchase the painting above.  Since ti is an original work of art, it is a first come first seved reality. The painting was created using Yarka St. Petersburth watercolors from www.Richesonart.com. The work sells for $75 USD plus shipping, and yes international shipping is available.



No comments:

Post a Comment