Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Tour, Stage 16: Pure Power


Pure power is the only description for how Lennard Kamna (Bora-Hansgrohe) won his first stage in the Tour de France.  He simply road away from four quality riders from near the top of the final big climb of the day.  He then increased his lead as he crossed the valley and up into the finishing town of the Villard de Lans.  We have all been expecting an image of a Bora-Hansgrohe rider raising his arms in victory, but we had expected it to be Kamna's teammate, Peter Sagan.  Although, he would usually already be in the Green Jersey of the leader of the sprint competition.  It is still uncertain if Sagan will be able to win his eighth Maillot Vert by the time we reach Paris.

This painting is the last I will be doing prior to under going surgery tomorrow morning early.  I will be donating one of my kidneys in a paired donor exchange.  Later tomorrow, my wife Bridget will be recieving a kidney transplant from a different donor as mine goes off to another recipient.  I hope to be able to continue to paint the Tour from the hospital and from home as I recover, but I doubt seriously I wll be painting Stage 17 live (or even on the same day) after all as the peloton goes up the Col de la Madeleine, I will be having a kidney removed from my body.  This seems to be an appropriate title to go into the surgeries with.

This is a small 4x6 inch original watercolor painting that is available though my website at www.greigleach.com, or you can simply follow the direct link at the end of this post.  Since it is an original it is first come first served.  The painting was created using Yarka St Petersburg watercolors from Richesonart.com. The work sells for $75 plus shipping. And yes, international shipping is available.

https://www.greigleach.com/large-multi-view/Tour-de-France-2020/3701770-113-282744/Painting/pure-power-tdf20-107.html

No comments:

Post a Comment