Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Tour, Stage 11: By the Side of the Road


At first glance, this struck me as a typical rest stop on a club ride.  Had I know just how hurt Ion Izaguirre (Astana) was - he is the rider sitting against the wall - I may not have painted this.  The sport is dangerous enough without celebrating the crashes and road rashes.  This crash was the end of his Tour.  As I write this I don't know the seriousness of his injuries, but they did keep him from continuing to ride.  He was being checked on by two of his teammates, the Kazahkstan Champion, Alexey Lutsenko and Harold Tejada.  Standing beside the Astana trio is Jose Joaquin Roja (Movistar).  While he looks like he is just hanging out watching the Tour go by, he was rather tore up on his backside.  It wasn't until I saw him chasing back onto the peloton that I realize he his checking on his butt and back which are covered in road rash at the very least.

This is a small 4x6 inch original watercolor painting that is available though my website at www.greigleach.com, or you can simply follow the direct link at the end of this post.  Since it is an original it is first come first served.  The painting was created using Yarka St Petersburg watercolors from Richesonart.com. The work sells for $75 plus shipping. And yes, international shipping is available.

https://www.greigleach.com/large-multi-view/Tour-de-France-2020/3697260-69-282744/Painting/by-the-side-of-the-road-tdf20-63.html

No comments:

Post a Comment