Saturday, July 27, 2024

Paris Olympics 2024, Women's ITT: Nearly Gold


 I was hedging my bets when I titled this painting.  I felt reasonably sure that Grace Brown (Team Australia) would take the Gold in the Women's Individual Time Trial, but there were still two wet corners before the finish.  I have always been a fan of Grace, so I was thrilled to see her having such a great day out.  She ended up taking the win by just over ninety seconds.  She has stated that she plans on retiring at the end of this season, but I imagine there will be pro teams trying to convince her to keep racing.  The title still works because she is just a couple of hundred meters from winning Gold, so she is nearly gold now.  Or the Team Australian kit is nearly gold and green.

This is a small 4x6 inch original watercolor painting that is available through my website at greigleach.com or you can simply follow the direct link at the end of the post to purchase the painting above. Since it is an original work of art, it is a first come first served reality. The work sells for $95 USD including shipping, but, yes, international shipping is both available and extra. 

"Nearly Gold PO24-7" (Original art by Greig Leach)

No comments:

Post a Comment