Sunday, July 21, 2024

Tour '24, Final Stage: Mark's Last Trip Around


I am not afraid to admit that I thought that Mark Cavendish (Astana-Qazaqstan) would pull out of the Tour prior to the Pyrenees since he had already won the mythical thirty-fifth stage.  With no more sprint stages in which to ply his trade and add to his total number of Tour stage wins, I couldn't quite see the point.  I missed the all important one, Cav respects the Tour, the sacrifices of his team, and of his family.  There was no way he was going to pull out unless his body wouldn't let him continue.  He already had my respect, but this shows the caliber of the man both on and off the bike.  Chapeau!

This is a small 4x6 inch original watercolor painting that is available through my website at greigleach.com or you can simply follow the direct link at the end of the post to purchase the painting above. Since it is an original work of art, it is a first come first served reality. The work sells for $95 USD including shipping, but, yes, international shipping is both available and extra.  

"Mark's Last Trip Around TdF24-134" (Original art by Greig Leach)

No comments:

Post a Comment