Thursday, July 18, 2024

Tour '24, Stage 18: Open Road


The fun part of painting live (or as close to it as possible) is that I can only get what is going on by what I see when the camera man catches it.  So, as I painted this, I was assuming that Jasper Philipsen (Aplecin-Deceuninck) had been tailed off of the peloton and was looking at a long hard day trying to make the time limit.  But no, he was actually chasing back to the main peloton after having a wheel change.  What is the old saying about assuming?  I love the feeling this evokes.  The thought of being out riding on a wide-open road with mountains lurking on the horizon.  Well, maybe not the impending mountains part.

This is a small 4x6 inch original watercolor painting that is available through my website at greigleach.com or you can simply follow the direct link at the end of the post to purchase the painting above. Since it is an original work of art, it is a first come first served reality. The work sells for $95 USD including shipping, but, yes, international shipping is both available and extra.

"Open Road TdF24-109" (Original art by Greig Leach)

No comments:

Post a Comment