Sunday, July 14, 2024

Tour '24, Stage 15: I Can Help You, Mate


Just as I prepared to paint this, I heard someone say, "I can help you, mate."  I assumed it was Simon Yates (Jayco-Alula) offering to help himself and Tobias Johannessen (Uno-X Mobility) pace back up to the front split of the early breakaway.  Given Yates reputation, and the use of the word "mate" it seemed logical that it was Yates speaking, but minutes later it was clear that wasn't the case.  Johannessen rode away from the Brit and went off on his own in search of the leaders on the road.  Yates dropped back to the peloton, perhaps he just wanted to find his twin brother Adam.  Now that they are no longer on the same team, they may like to catch up whenever the opportunity presents itself.

This is a small 4x6 inch original watercolor painting that is available through my website at greigleach.com or you can simply follow the direct link at the end of the post to purchase the painting above. Since it is an original work of art, it is a first come first served reality. The work sells for $95 USD including shipping, but, yes, international shipping is both available and extra.

"I Can Help You, Mate TdF24-86" (Original art by Greig Leach)

No comments:

Post a Comment